Re: A question about installing XFS filesystem support on Debian Lenny

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A question about installing XFS filesystem support on Debian Lenny
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:33:45 +0200
Le Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:52:06 +0800
feiji1983@xxxxxxxxx écrivait:

> i recenttly got a NAS hard disk box which run Debian Lenny ,the linux
> kernel is 2.6.29. I can install xfsprogs with apt-get , after
> formatting  a partition using mkfs.xfs,  i can't mount it with command
> "mount -t xfs XXX XXX" , it says "xfs" is not supported. i think i
> have to install a path,but can't find one using apt-get,can any body
> tell me how can i fix this problem? Thanks.

The standard Debian Lenny kernel is 2.6.26, and comes with built-in xfs
support. If you're using some custom kernel, check that it was properly
compiled with xfs support (see in /boot/config-2.6.xxxxxx if there's
CONFIG_XFS_FS=m or CONFIG_XFS_FS=y ), or that there isn't an optional
package for some kernel modules.

Emmanuel Florac     |   Intellique