Re: umount xfs filesystem

To: Daniele Nuzzo - Readytec SPA <d.nuzzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: umount xfs filesystem
From: Olaf Weber <olaf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:52:42 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Daniele Nuzzo writes:

> hi,
> I think I need your advice-opinion ...
> I set up a system like CentOS 5.3, lvm, drbd 8.2, various systems raid
> (Adaptec aacraid or LSI MegaRAID with or without write back cache)
> after some time of work (a few hours or days) do the umount is
> slow... even a few minutes ... why?
> I have already disabled barrier and write cache on drbd, but not on
> the controller or the sas  drives... ideas?
> thanks a lot.

> p.s.
> drbd partitions formatted with the default options.

On unmount the system has flush all dirty data to disk.  Depending on
the amount of data in memory, this might take a while.

I'm not claiming this is definitely the case here, but it is an
obvious candidate.

--
Olaf Weber                 SGI               Phone:  +31(0)30-6696752
                           Veldzigt 2b       Fax:    +31(0)30-6696799