UPDATE: Using xfsdump On Linux With IRIX Version 1 FS

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: UPDATE: Using xfsdump On Linux With IRIX Version 1 FS
From: "Sean Elble" <elbles@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:44:13 -0400
Hi all,

My apologies for my last e-mail, as I apparently missed this crucial line in
the xfsdump(8) man page:

"The filesystem, filesystem, can be specified either as a mount point or as
a special device file (for example, /dev/dsk/dks0d1s0). The filesystem must
be mounted to be dumped."

Oh well.  If anyone has any other thoughts on how to reset the root password
on an IRIX box with a version 1 XFS file system without IRIX CDs, that would
be appreciated, heh.

--