Using xfsdump On Linux With IRIX Version 1 FS?

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Using xfsdump On Linux With IRIX Version 1 FS?
From: "Sean Elble" <elbles@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:57:52 -0400
Hi all,

While I am aware that the current kernel implementation of XFS doesn't
support mounting an IRIX filesystem with version 1 directories, I'm not so
sure whether xfsdump/xfsrestore will support the dumping of an IRIX
filesystem with version 1 directories.  To be more specific, I am dealing
with an old disk from an Indigo2, running IRIX 6.5.6m with version 1
(0x1094) directories.  I was hoping it had version 2 directories, but after
finding an old SCSI card I could put in a Linux box with XFS support, I
found just the opposite, obviously.  I had the old SCSI card back in its
donor system (which was up-and-running) when it occurred to me that
xfsdump/xfsrestore *might* be a possibility, and I can't take it (the donor
system) down again unless I know I can make this work.

If anyone can give me an answer to this question, I would certainly
appreciate it.  I didn't see anything in the man pages, and my Google
searches have proven fruitless thus far, but I've been known to be blind on
occasion.  :-)  Thanks, in advance.

--