does XFS support block sizes other than 512 bytes?

To: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: does XFS support block sizes other than 512 bytes?
From: "Linda A. Walsh" <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:39:17 -0700
This one's a bit more specific than the last.  If memory serves me,
XFS supported differing block sizes (which you could do on a hardware format
of a SCSI drive) back on IRIX.  But when first ported to Linux it didn't
work.  Was that ever fixed?  I seem to remember that going to 1-2K block sizes
gave and extra 10%, and it almost seems logical that going to a 4kK block size
would be ideal for xfs (presuming your disk doesn't start getting errors,
then it might get harder to remap sectors and you'd hit hard disk failure
(w/o remappable sectors) sooner.

But at least 1K might be a reasonable tradeoff?  Been quite a while since
I tried it and don't even know if the SAS drives allow it (if they do, I wonder
if the newer SATA drives do?)

thanks more... :-)
-linda