Re: Seg fault during xfs repair (segmentation fault / segv)

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Seg fault during xfs repair (segmentation fault / segv)
From: Jesse Stroik <jstroik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:51:16 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric,

Thanks for addressing the issue with xfs_repair.

that's one crunchy filesystem you've got there; what happened to it?

It's not entirely clear -- the JBOD and SAS controller seem to have gotten into inconsistent states and I was observing a few SCSI errors for those particular LUNs. While the system was exhibiting the SCSI errors, the user of this file system (and a few others like it on the host) noticed file corruption when reading/writing certain files, then spontaneous corruption after making copies of the files.

I'll take a look at the new xfs_check and see what happens.

Best,
Jesse