Re: Seg fault during xfs repair (segmentation fault / segv)

To: Jesse Stroik <jstroik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Seg fault during xfs repair (segmentation fault / segv)
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:11:54 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jesse Stroik wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Eric Sandeen wrote:
>> Jesse Stroik wrote:
>>> I have a server with a ~20TB xfs file system on Linux
>>> (2.6.18-92.1.22.el5) and am running xfsprogs-2.9.4-4.el5.  We had a few
>>> corrupted files which I believe were due to a SCSI issue after a recent
>>> power outage.  Due to the corruption, I ran xfs_check and would like to
>>> run xfs_repair on the system.
>> It'd really be great to test more recent xfsprogs first, that one is
>> about 2 years old.
>>
>> You can probably grab any recent fedora src.rpm and rebuild it, and
>> later go back to the centos version if you wish.
>

> I fetched the current version from SVN using these directions:
> http://xfs.org/index.php/Getting_the_latest_source_code
>
> I get identical results.

Bummer :)

> --------
> reset bad sb for ag 31
> reset bad agf for ag 31
> reset bad agi for ag 31
> Segmentation fault
>
> $ ./xfs_repair -V
> xfs_repair version 3.0.2
> --------
>
> If you want me to rebuild with debug and get you any specific
> information, let me know.

That'd be great.

Perhaps you can give these a shot:

http://sandeen.fedorapeople.org/test/xfsprogs-3.0.1-8.test1.x86_64.rpm
http://sandeen.fedorapeople.org/test/xfsprogs-debuginfo-3.0.1-8.test1.x86_64.rpm

(they're just rebuilt from fedora, no special sauce in there)

run with ulimit -c unlimited & gather a core dump for starters?

You could also try creating an xfs_metadump of the filesystem and see if
xfs_repair also segfaults on that; then perhaps you could provide the
metadump for analysis.

Thanks,
-Eric