Re: Seg fault during xfs repair (segmentation fault / segv)

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Seg fault during xfs repair (segmentation fault / segv)
From: Jesse Stroik <jstroik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:01:56 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric,

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Jesse Stroik wrote:
I have a server with a ~20TB xfs file system on Linux (2.6.18-92.1.22.el5) and am running xfsprogs-2.9.4-4.el5. We had a few corrupted files which I believe were due to a SCSI issue after a recent power outage. Due to the corruption, I ran xfs_check and would like to run xfs_repair on the system.

It'd really be great to test more recent xfsprogs first, that one is
about 2 years old.

You can probably grab any recent fedora src.rpm and rebuild it, and
later go back to the centos version if you wish.

I fetched the current version from SVN using these directions: http://xfs.org/index.php/Getting_the_latest_source_code

I get identical results.

--------
reset bad sb for ag 31
reset bad agf for ag 31
reset bad agi for ag 31
Segmentation fault

$ ./xfs_repair -V
xfs_repair version 3.0.2
--------

If you want me to rebuild with debug and get you any specific information, let me know.

Best,
Jesse