Re: corrupt file system -- "Structure needs cleaning"

To: Hendrik Hoeth <hendrik.hoeth@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: corrupt file system -- "Structure needs cleaning"
From: Felix Blyakher <felixb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:00:19 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Jun 27, 2009, at 2:08 AM, Hendrik Hoeth wrote:

Thus spake Felix Blyakher (felixb@xxxxxxx):

Seems like no corruption on disk.
The system detected in memory corruption and shut the filesystem
down to avoid writing bad (meta)data to disk. I don't have answer
for that problem, however you can continue to use the filesystem,
and may never see this problem again. If it happens again, it
could be useful to run debug XFS, which may point to the problem.

I ran memtest over night, without any errors. So if this happens again
and I need to run xfs_db,

No, I didn't mean xfs_db. That examines the data structures on disk,
but apparently they're clean anyway.

what do I need to do to get useful information
out? Haven't done that before ...

What I meant is to rebuild the XFS with the CONFIG_XFS_DEBUG set.
With that option XFS has much more checks in place and hopefully
will assert earlier, giving us more clues.
It would be great help to XFS developers, but I'm not sure if it's
too much to ask for.

Thanks,
Felix

   Hendrik

--
"You have to take the most direct road to go instead of your
meeting, you have to, this one ended, leave at once the CERN