Re: corrupt file system -- "Structure needs cleaning"

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: corrupt file system -- "Structure needs cleaning"
From: Hendrik Hoeth <hendrik.hoeth@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 23:26:11 +0200
Thus spake Eric Sandeen (sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx):

> > [14:44] root@jetway:/var/log # xfs_check /dev/mapper/hda_crypt_vg-home
>
> xfs_check doesn't actually fix anything; I'd run xfs_repair.  Use -n
> first if you want to see what it would do.

I thought that if xfs_check doesn't show any errors, the filesystem is
fine and doesn't need an xfs_repair. Is that wrong?

Anyway xfs_repair looks healthy to me:

-------------------8<---------------------
[23:23] root@jetway:~ # xfs_repair /dev/mapper/hda_crypt_vg-home
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - zero log...
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - agno = 8
        - agno = 9
        - agno = 10
        - agno = 11
        - agno = 12
        - agno = 13
        - agno = 14
        - agno = 15
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - agno = 8
        - agno = 9
        - agno = 10
        - agno = 11
        - agno = 12
        - agno = 13
        - agno = 14
        - agno = 15
Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees...
        - reset superblock...
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
        - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes
        - traversing filesystem ...
        - traversal finished ...
        - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts...
done
[23:23] root@jetway:~ #

> If it doesn't find anything, then I guess you had some in-memory corruption.

I'll run memtest.

Thanks,

    Hendrik

--
"You have to take the most direct road to go instead of your
 meeting, you have to, this one ended, leave at once the CERN