Re: 2.6.30 panic - xfs_fs_destroy_inode

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.6.30 panic - xfs_fs_destroy_inode
From: Patrick Schreurs <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 12:18:13 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Tommy van Leeuwen <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Unfortunately another panic. See attachment.

Would love to receive some advice on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

-Patrick

Patrick Schreurs wrote:
Eric Sandeen wrote:
Patrick Schreurs wrote:
Hi all,

We are experiencing kernel panics on servers running 2.6.29(.1) and 2.6.30. I've included two attachments to demonstrate.

The error is:
Kernel panic - not syncing: xfs_fs_destroy_inode: cannot reclaim ...

OS is 64bit Debian lenny.

Is this a known issue? Any comments on this?

It's not known to me, was this a recent upgrade?  (IOW, did it start
with .29(.1)?

We've seen this on 2 separate servers. It probably happened more often, but we didn't captured the panic message. One server was running 2.6.29.1, the other server was running 2.6.30. Currently we've updated all similar servers to 2.6.30.

If we can provide you with more details to help fix this issue, please let us know.

-Patrick