xfsdump -J: affecting 'normal dumps?'

To: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: xfsdump -J: affecting 'normal dumps?'
From: "Linda A. Walsh" <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:38:53 -0700
I wanted to copy a file system to another partition.  To get
everything, I used xfsdump/restore with the "-J" option, which is
stated to not update the online dump inventory.

My dumps, since the 1st of the month have been working fine up to this morning -- They were levels
0,2,5,4,7,6,9,8,9,9 and this mornings was a '1'.  It failed
saying that the last level 0 dump upon which it was based had
failed -- but AFAIK, that's not possible if the intermediate
(2,5,4,7,6,9,8,9,9) dumps all worked.  The only thing that couldl
have thrown it off would have been my xfsdump/restore (a data copy)
where both the dump and restore used the '-J' option (I encoded it in a script as:

xfsdump -b 64k -l 0 -J -p 300 - "$1" | xfsrestore -b 64k -B -F -J  - "$2"

Do I misunderstand the function of the "-J" switch?  Shouldn't
my level '1' dump have ignored the "datacopy" dump I performed with
the -J?
Or was(is) there another option I should have(be) using?

Is there any easy way to get my dumps back-on-track?  I.e. to kick off a normal
level-1 dump and have it be based on my June-1 lvl 0 dump?

Thanks!
Linda