Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
From: Jason White <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:16:08 +1000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=jasonjgw.net; s=mail; t=1244801768; bh=dPq4S5OFnJxdXfw0r7jvHm76E4SLGZ3wvJbYRNJ9HOw=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:Message-ID:References:MIME-Version: Content-Type:In-Reply-To; b=gfxJyzgqZh6gRxTNVfTpVRHmG2mhg4NjY6GgrW6Y3V10CqGXnPTRosABCL33gikRn sQn+KnclCOhLd1XcUcrz1hY/ismd7K5/bHujph6PozfNa+/qLSa/J2YR0PxtwGzlBr aYxrh6mFvcSLQOY4olvOJAFrZ1jGQQShZZ2r/2Vc=
Michael Weissenbacher <mw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've always been using a small seperate ext2 Partition for /boot, since i've
> found this to be the most robust solution. Also when other Filesystems like
> reiser4 or btrfs come in play. I'd say XFS support in Grub is nice to have,
> but not a must.

I would much prefer to have that support, since I tend to partition my disks
as one single XFS partition, which can be backed up with xfsdump easily.

If anyone has run tests with Grub2 in its current state of development, I
would be interested in the results.