Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?

To: Matthias Schniedermeyer <ms@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
From: Michael Weissenbacher <mw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:44:23 +0200
Cc: Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx>, Sujit Karataparambil <sjt.kar@xxxxxxxxx>, SuSE Linux <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi!
> OTOH as long as you can live with a separate boot-partition, what's the
> problem of formating it with ext2. fsck-times for a single/double-digit
> MB boot-partition are negligible.
I've always been using a small seperate ext2 Partition for /boot, since i've
found this to be the most robust solution. Also when other Filesystems like
reiser4 or btrfs come in play. I'd say XFS support in Grub is nice to have, but
not a must.
Maybe the distributions should just default to an ext2 Partition for /boot.
That would keep most people happy, wouldn't it?

just my 2c