Re: Kernel crash with 2.6.29 + nfs + xfs (radix-tree)

To: Martin Spott <Martin.Spott@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel crash with 2.6.29 + nfs + xfs (radix-tree)
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 04:40:06 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 08:13:18PM +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> Martin Spott wrote:
> > Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> >
> >> I recently started auditing the code and started to fix some locking
> >> issues in there, could you give the patch below a try?
> >
> >  http://foxtrot.mgras.net/static/messages-20090607.2.bz2
> >
> > I'm sorry but I'll have to boot the system using the previous kernel,
>
> Next 'maintenance window'  ;-)  starts wednesday evening. Please advise
> if you'd like me to perform further tests,

For now I'd love you to test the locking patch I sent you in my last
mail.  In the meantime I still fail to reproduce anything like your
problem locally.  I know we do need to reboot the machine or
unexport/rexport the nfs export while it's mounted on a client to hit
the codepath, but even while running stree tests on an nfs client while
continuesly un/reexporting things on the server I can't hit it.