Re: Kernel crash with 2.6.29 + nfs + xfs (radix-tree)

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Kernel crash with 2.6.29 + nfs + xfs (radix-tree)
From: Martin Spott <Martin.Spott@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 18:55:21 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: list.linux-xfs
Eric Sandeen wrote:

> CONFIG_XFS_DEBUG is more of addded checks and asserts, not so much in
> the way of extra messages - at least, until you actually hit a problem.

The problem I see is actually not logged as a crash in the 'usual' way
(panics, oopses, traces the way I know), instead, the issue
materializes in tons of messages of the sort:

reconnect_path: npd != pd
reconnect_path: npd != pd
reconnect_path: npd != pd

....  on a thorougly checked filesystem, plus the NFS service ceasing
to serve clients. Obviously this is not covered by the added checks
which are introduced by CONFIG_XFS_DEBUG.

Cheers,
        Martin.