I had a lone 795G xfs "fill up" prematurely at 89% blocks and 28% inodes.
It was built/running under 32-bit OS, and I rebuilt OS 64-bit but the
Just for fun, I moved off and back on about 50K files with old ctimes from
early in the fs life. This actually kinda worked. But I was only able to
populate and addtional 10K new files before it hit the roof again.
An xfs_repair produced no change in behavior.
meta-data=/dev/cciss/c1d0p3 isize=2048 agcount=33, agsize=6509200 blks
= sectsz=512 attr=1
data = bsize=4096 blocks=208294773, imaxpct=50
= sunit=16 swidth=16 blks, unwritten=1
naming =version 2 bsize=4096
log =internal bsize=4096 blocks=8192, version=1
= sectsz=512 sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=0
realtime =none extsz=65536 blocks=0, rtextents=0
As you can see, it was setup with 2K inodes. The imaxpct was originally
at 25% but I raised it and the problem still occurs at 50%.
I can't even get it to reproduce the behavior Eric reported previously: