XFS internal error xfs_trans_cancel at line 1164 of file fs/xfs/xfs_tran

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS internal error xfs_trans_cancel at line 1164 of file fs/xfs/xfs_trans.c
From: Eddie Atherton <stunnel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 23:58:35 -0700
I'm trying to install a clean Slackware 12.2 (2.6.27.7) under ESXi, and can almost guarantee getting this error immediately after formatting the root partition. It's happened 4 out of the 5 times I've tried, so far.

The sequence of commands, after digging through the install scripts, that lead to this failure are just:

mkfs.xfs
mount
mkdir

Apologies for posting the stack trace as a couple of jpg's, but it's the only way I could capture them, as I don't have any VMs set up, yet, that have conectivity to upload any files. The stack trace can be found at:

http://www.bogolinux.net/xfs_crash_a.JPG
http://www.bogolinux.net/xfs_crash_b.JPG

I'm guessing that it's something to do with this running under a VM, but is there any way to stop it happening.

Cheers,
Eddie