configure issue

To: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: configure issue
From: Milind <milind@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:20:03 +0530
I came across this problem when I was doing ./configure of xfsprogs.

I had to install gettext from sources (as xfsprogs needed it) which
resided in my toolchain and while doing configure xfsprogs's configure
couldn't fine msgfmt, msgmerge and xgettext even if I do PATH=<path to
my gettext/bin/>:$PATH.

if I manually set MSGFMT, MSGMERGE to their binary paths this works.

Is this not expected?

When I looked at the sources if I change configure:12316 as follows

- as_dummy="/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/freeware/bin"
+ as_dummy="/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/freeware/bin:$PATH"

this works for MSGFMT

-Miline