XFS portion that can be offloaded to hardware

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: XFS portion that can be offloaded to hardware
From: "Sagar Borikar" <Sagar_Borikar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 02:54:36 -0700
Hi All,

We are currently performing feasibility analysis of XFS in a dense video
traffic over IP and PCI. We have chosen XFS to manage the exorbitant data
coming from network and PCI(encoders/decoders) to the system. There is a
requirement to support 32 live as well recording and playback of video.

Just wanted to understand from XFS architecture point of view, whether we can
offload any CPU / memory consuming cumbersome activity of XFS be offloaded in
the hardware to improve the performance and responsiveness of overall system.
If yes, can it be made generic through some interface layer which can be
generic interface but implementation would be file system specific.

Has anyone tried exploring this path before to have custom hardware for
improving XFS performance?

All inputs / suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Sagar