Re: getting changes (fixes or enhancements) to xfs-tools

To: Nathan Scott <nscott@xxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: getting changes (fixes or enhancements) to xfs-tools
From: "Linda A. Walsh" <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:03:43 -0700
Nathan Scott wrote:
    I understand you want people to see the work that has gone into
the
kernel, but telling someone to search through 1327 entries just to
find
an answer of 'no', seems a bit ...something.

http://git.kernel.org/
    fs/xfs/xfsdump-dev.git
    fs/xfs/xfsprogs-dev.git
    fs/xfs/xfstests-dev.git
    fs/xfs/dmapi-dev.git
---
        Those are files from the actual utilities?  I.e. the
source code for the utilities is stored in the kernel tree?  That the
support routines for the utilities have changes doesn't imply that
one would expect to find source-changes for the utils there unless
the utils are in the kernel tree -- but I don't think so(?)  Like the
'util-linux' utils, I have the impression they are stored outside of
the kernel tree.

        No need to answer to tell me the util sources are not stored
in the kernel (if that's the case), as that's my current "world view" :-).
But if I need to update my current world view (again), I hope you'll
_gently_ let me know. :-)

linda