future of xfs, oss.sgi.com after sgi purchased?

To: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: future of xfs, oss.sgi.com after sgi purchased?
From: "Linda A. Walsh" <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:23:16 -0700
Not one to beat about the bush, but curious from a practical sense,

If sgi is being bought by another company, is there any idea about the plans
for the xfs file system or the source code on 'oss.sgi.com'?

I'm _guessing_ that there is some interest in users and developers to keep xfs alive after the 'sgi' moniker is purchased, but that begs the question about the new company wanting to support the old 'sgi.com' websites including
oss.sgi.com.

Is there a danger of oss.sgi.com suddenly being yanked offline with little to no warning, such that community members should start keeping up-to-date, or is it already mirrored? I'm assuming that the current source code repository only exists on oss.sgi.com? Should it be mirrored on some other external open-source site? sourceforge? google? mozilla?

Is completely worthless to discuss new, desired features in some of the utils? Will it be possible to support the xfs codebase if its development no longer becomes necessary to sgi (or its parent company)?

*sigh*,
-linda