Re: xfs - fixing wrong xfs size

To: Nebojsa Trpkovic <trx.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs - fixing wrong xfs size
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:02:21 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Nebojsa Trpkovic wrote:
> hello.
>
> I had problem with raid5 on my system.
> after recovering of the array, I can not mount XFS that resides on it.
> I've run xfs_check and xfs_repair (which fixed some errors) and now I
> can run them all day long without any errors.
>
> but, when I try to mount that partition, I get:
>
> mount: /dev/md0: can't read superblock
>

> and there's
>
> Filesystem "md0": Disabling barriers, not supported by the underlying device
>
> attempt to access beyond end of device
> md0: rw=0, want=123024384, limit=123023488
> I/O error in filesystem ("md0") meta-data dev md0 block 0x75533f8

       ("xfs_read_buf") error 5 buf count 4096

> XFS: size check 2 failed

So, the superblock says that the fs is 896 1k-blocks longer than the
device actually is.

> in the dmesg.
>

> is there any way to "fix" this wrong size of XFS ?

hard to say, almost certainly sounds like an md problem; is there a
chance that your raid recovery led to a device which is somehow smaller
than it started?  You could change the superblock block-count value, but
I'm guessing that something else has gone wrong.

It might be useful to know what errors xfs_repair found.

-Eric