Re: xfstests license clarification?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfstests license clarification?
From: Felix Blyakher <felixb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:47:08 -0500
Cc: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Mar 28, 2009, at 9:54 AM, Eric Sandeen wrote:

Since most of the scripts themselves in xfstests make no mention of
redistribution, and only say "copyright sgi, all rights reserved" etc:

#  Copyright (c) 2006 Silicon Graphics, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

do we need to do anything in terms of making this look more like Free
Software (assuming that's the intent?)

Yes, it was intent. And it's OK to add the GPL license blob
there. Can't speak for non sgi files.

Felix

It might be a rats-nest, there are a several testcases in src/ gleaned
from mailing lists & bugs with little or no attribution; OTOH maybe this
stuff is trivial enough that it doesn't warrant copyright, I dunno.

Is it worth trying to clarify the license on the collection, or is this
just a can of worms?

-Eric