Re: [ANNOUNCE] Filesystem test tools open-sourced by SGI

To: Subrata Modak <tosubrata@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Filesystem test tools open-sourced by SGI
From: Greg Banks <gnb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:44:27 +1100
Cc: NFS list <linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Filesystem list <linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, XFS OSS list <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ltp-list <ltp-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Subrata Modak <subrata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nate Straz <nate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=2HGOczOEoGAVpy3VzXFKd7iKlpjKNi8hV0jHwbXhpSY=; b=op1J9s7I5xUbnqcPBBCUaKlv1BabozOXJEI03nx09dtyUffe01RVTG09dcqIre18g5 IQSV6CSQjOn6s2Pi0fgGiNpwESTYWZqoy6GCo0LjrvWRt1dGNjzjGoqtR/QzosUtDGsU qBBDKQD5xfeUubQ5ub63xBX0XPtCrZnabjDnA=
Sender: greg.n.banks@xxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Subrata Modak <tosubrata@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Greg Banks <gnb@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> The tools are available for download now at
>>
>> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/nfs/testtools/
>
> Since, these are released under GPL, i hope integrating them inside LTP
> (http://ltp.sf.net) after proper analysis will not be an issue.

Not an issue at all, in fact it would be the optimal result. The
question was asked during the open source review process :-)

> Since, no
> support for these tests will be available from SGI, i am hoping that having
> them inside LTP will be beneficial and help these tests to evolve in the
> long run.

Great.  I'll have some spare time starting from next week and I'm
familiar with the tools: how can I help?

--
Greg.