Re: XFS on ARM-based Linux on USR8700 NAS appliance w/ mdadm/RAID5

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS on ARM-based Linux on USR8700 NAS appliance w/ mdadm/RAID5
From: Harry Mangalam <harry.mangalam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:45:24 -0800
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Monday 23 February 2009, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > |<IPStorPartition|
> > | version="3.0" s|
> > |ize="595" owner=|
> > |"NACS-SW-DIST" c|
> > |hecksum="" signa|
> > |ture="IpStOrDyNa|
> > |MiCdIsK" dataSta|
> > |rtAtSectorNo="16|
>
> .... knowing the offsets of these might be helpful.  But perhaps
> you are simply not trying to mount the thing which actually has xfs
> on it.
>
> I don't know what IPStore is.  Perhaps your volume is encrypted?
> Dunno... at any rate, doesn't seem at first glance like it's an xfs
> problem, I'm afraid.
>
> > |firstSector="222|
> > |72" lastSector="|
> > |2928740095" owne|
>
> I might look at sector 22272 (about 10MB in) and see if that looks
> like xfs :)

Good guess! :
At 00AE0000 (11.4MB in) there's "XFSB" altho I can't make out much of
the surrounding bytes...

Is there a way to do anything with this info?  Can it be dd'ed out to
use to get the thing mounted?

> Or maybe just put it back in the NAS box, now, assembled the same
> way.

This is just about my last gasp - I'll rec that they try this if
nothing else comes to mind..

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)