Re: sunit & swidth on RAID-1?

To: mike dentifrice <fluor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sunit & swidth on RAID-1?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:42:51 -0500 (EST)
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, mike dentifrice wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know if it makes any sense to specify sunit & swidth
parameters as mount options to XFS filesystems sitting on a Linux
software RAID-1 array, as advertised here [1] or there [2].

I'm asking, because it seems that chunk_size does not matter in a RAID-1
context, nor do stripe units; or do they?

Any tip would be appreciated,

[1] http://www.socalsysadmin.com/2008/10/15/optimizing-xfs-on-raid-arrays/
[2] http://feedblog.org/2008/06/18/howto-configure-raid-strides-in-xfs/

--