Re: XFS Kernel 2.6.27.7 oopses

To: Ralf Liebenow <ralf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS Kernel 2.6.27.7 oopses
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:50:45 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 06:38:47AM +0100, Ralf Liebenow wrote:
> Hello !
>
> Finally I found the time to compile and test the latest stable 2.6.28.3 kernel
> but I can reproduce it:

OK.

> Hmmm ... can I do something to help you find the problem ? I can
> reproduce it by creating some millon of hardlinks to files and then remove
> some
> million hardlinks with one "rm -rf"

Interesting. Sounds like a race between writing back the inode and
it being freed. How long does it take to reproduce the problem?
Do you have a script that you could share?

Next question - what is the setting of ikeep/noikeep in your mount
options? If you dump /proc/self/mounts on 2.6.28 it will tell us
if inode clusters are being deleted or not....

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner