Re: [patch 0/4] attr: test/ improvements and integrate with make

To: Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch 0/4] attr: test/ improvements and integrate with make
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:12:57 -0500
Cc: Brandon Philips <brandon@xxxxxxxx>, Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 11:59:59PM +0100, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:

> >   http://ifup.org/git/?p=acl-attr-dev.git;a=summary
> >   git clone git://ifup.org/philips/acl-attr-dev.git
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I believe it's a good start; we probably want to merge the trees eventually.
> The way how you have moved libmisc breaks the tarballs though; I have fixed
> it. Also, I was surprised that your repository has all the history rewritten
> instead of merging Christoph's trees, so I redid the merge.

I think the merge is a bad idea.  attr and acl serve quite
different purposes and have been different source and binary packages in
distros forever.  I'd rather keep it as it was for now and maybe find
some way libacl could pick up libmisc from libattr.

There's a reason we split up xfs-cmds into more manageable repositories.