Re: [patch 0/4] attr: test/ improvements and integrate with make

To: Brandon Philips <brandon@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch 0/4] attr: test/ improvements and integrate with make
From: Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:59:59 +0100
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Saturday 07 February 2009 10:10:33 Brandon Philips wrote:
> On 08:58 Thu 08 Jan 2009, Brandon Philips wrote:
> > >
> > > That's not quite sorted out.  For now send them to Andreas Gruenbacher
> > > and the xfs list.
> >
> > Ok, thanks.
> >
> > Andreas, please review these patches if you can:
> >   http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2009-01/msg00136.html
> >   http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2009-01/msg00146.html
>
> I noticed that Christoph put acl-dev.git and attr-dev.git on
> git.kernel.org.  Great news!

Yes, and the trees have nice histories as well, which is great.

> But, can I suggest that we merge the attr-dev and acl-dev tree into one
> git repo and share libmisc? I have done it over here:
>
>   http://ifup.org/git/?p=acl-attr-dev.git;a=summary
>   git clone git://ifup.org/philips/acl-attr-dev.git
>
> What do you think?

I believe it's a good start; we probably want to merge the trees eventually.
The way how you have moved libmisc breaks the tarballs though; I have fixed
it. Also, I was surprised that your repository has all the history rewritten
instead of merging Christoph's trees, so I redid the merge.

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agruen/xattr-tools.git
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agruen/xattr-tools.git

Are you fine with this tree?

> Also, my test/ patchset hasn't gotten any feedback. I will merge them
> into either {acl,attr}-dev.git or my acl-attr-dev.git if they seem
> acceptable and send you a pull request.
>
>  http://oss.sgi.com/pipermail/xfs/2009-January/039600.html
>  http://oss.sgi.com/pipermail/xfs/2009-January/039610.html

Sorry for being slow. I will first add the other acked distro patches, then
look at your changes.

Andreas