Re: [patch 0/4] attr: test/ improvements and integrate with make

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andreas Grünbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch 0/4] attr: test/ improvements and integrate with make
From: Brandon Philips <brandon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 01:10:33 -0800
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 08:58 Thu 08 Jan 2009, Brandon Philips wrote:
> On 10:44 Thu 08 Jan 2009, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 06:19:47PM -0800, brandon@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > NOTE: Timothy Shimmin's email (tes@xxxxxxx) seems to be gone. Who should
> > > I send patches like this to in the future?
> >
> > That's not quite sorted out.  For now send them to Andreas Gruenbacher
> > and the xfs list.
>
> Ok, thanks.
>
> Andreas, please review these patches if you can:
>   http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2009-01/msg00136.html
>   http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2009-01/msg00146.html

I noticed that Christoph put acl-dev.git and attr-dev.git on
git.kernel.org.  Great news! The process with CVS and TAKEs was a bit
confusing.

But, can I suggest that we merge the attr-dev and acl-dev tree into one
git repo and share libmisc? I have done it over here:

  http://ifup.org/git/?p=acl-attr-dev.git;a=summary
  git clone git://ifup.org/philips/acl-attr-dev.git

What do you think?

Also, my test/ patchset hasn't gotten any feedback. I will merge them
into either {acl,attr}-dev.git or my acl-attr-dev.git if they seem
acceptable and send you a pull request.

 http://oss.sgi.com/pipermail/xfs/2009-January/039600.html
 http://oss.sgi.com/pipermail/xfs/2009-January/039610.html

Cheers, Brandon