XFS without write barriers - safe on multipath device?

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS without write barriers - safe on multipath device?
From: "Adam Fried-Gintis" <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:09:34 -0800
Hi,
I am just curious, if I see the warning that write barrier support is
disabled when mounting an XFS filesystem through md multipath, does XFS have
some OTHER provision for protecting the order of its writes to the
underlying device, or is it unsafe to run with write back caching at that
point? My underlying device is an active/active storage system - combined
with the multipath driver, we are seeing metadata corruption on the
filesystem, and I'm just trying to figure out if this is an invalid
configuration to test or if the storage device is doing something wrong.

Thanks!

---
Adam Fried-Gintis

[[HTML alternate version deleted]]