Re: XFS: xfs_trans_cancel Filesystem shutdown

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS: xfs_trans_cancel Filesystem shutdown
From: Carsten Menke <bootsy52@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:56:21 +0100
Russell Cattelan wrote:

cc the xfs list.

Since you have wiped the file system it is going to be hard to get to the bottom of th issue. It looks like you hit two different issues here, one is a shutdown and one look like a deadlock?

In the future it would be helpful to xfs_metadump the file system and then file a bug and attach the metadump image.

Yes, I know, I have seen this after I created the new filesystem while further
searching the net for possible causes of this, that a xfs_metadump is most of the time needed to debug this. But as this is a production system the system had to go online again as soon as possible, so I just decided
to share the information I've got afterwards. The next time I will do the
xfs_metadump (but then, I hope also that I won't be hit by the problem once
again).

Regards

Carsten

--
"There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
  We don't believe this to be a coincidence." --Jeremy S. Anderson