Re: [XFS updates] XFS development tree branch, for-linus, updated. v2.6.

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XFS updates] XFS development tree branch, for-linus, updated. v2.6.28-rc3-9167-g0335cb7
From: "Bill O'Donnell" <billodo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:52:18 -0600
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxx, akpm@xxxxxxxx, torvalds@xxxxxxxx
| > Author: Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| > Date:   Wed Dec 31 12:10:12 2008 +1100
| >
| >     [XFS] Update maintainers
| >
| >     New maintainer contact and new tree location.
| >
| >     Reviewed-by: Bill O`Donnell <billodo@xxxxxxx>
| >     Signed-off-by: Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxx>
|
| Folks, it's pretty strange to change the maintainer of a project to
| a person who hasn't done a single commit yet, and without discussion
| with the community who has done almost all of the maintainer work
| for a long time.  I think this should get a little more public
| discussion.

Hi Christoph,

As the original developer, and the organization that open-sourced XFS,
SGI obviously needs to continue in an active role with XFS. As a part of
our responsibility, we need to update the MAINTAINER file.  The previously
listed contact, Tim Shimmin, is no longer with the company and SGI is
proposing my name as the maintainer contact point.

As maintainer, SGI wants to continue to work closely with the community,
as well as carrying out extensive QA, leveraging our extensive set of hardware
platforms.  We sincerely request your support and look forward to working
with you as XFS continues to improve.

Thanks-
Bill

--------