Re: problems showing up as XFS problems on kernels after 2.6.28-git2

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: problems showing up as XFS problems on kernels after 2.6.28-git2
From: Danny ter Haar <dth@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:24:15 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Quoting Christoph Hellwig (hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):
> > Any kernel i try to boot after 2.6.28-git2 (i tried git4-9)
> > sooner or later gives me an XFS error:

> The recover_uiunlinks code changed recently.  Do you still have the
> exactly kernel tree version config around so you take a look using
> gdb what exact line of code the oops is?

Since compiling a kernel on the native hardware takes "forever"
i compile them at my laptop (ubuntu 32bits) and move the kernel
to the NAS.
This morning i compiled tried git9 (still an error)
I have copied the config & system.map file to the same dir on
my server ( http://www.dth.net/kernel/c3/ )

I'm not familiar with the debugging, do you have pointer where
i could find how to do this ?
In the mean time i'll try and google some info on how...

I could copy the whole source tree over to the machine and give you
(root) access to the machine so you can take a look yourself (if needed).

Danny