Many disconnected inodes after xfs_repair

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Many disconnected inodes after xfs_repair
From: "Luca Niccoli" <lultimouomo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:40:38 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=EqOLY9VmQv2IYjNXHuiOXSjr49AIJqoo/gfD6Um5ngQ=; b=v5e1k2+gH3k+JU5D7U3Z7QKlmHRLZzCsZeGdmdaCfXiss5AJjYc6NsuQFstWrm1Vu1 nmcseSN2YEDqwo+o/4KrO71Rx43eqO/3w9MQSJK07SjjRRlXQ08XEWWH5eoFzg2yffMD NFxOe8aPVNdFy6Sik+01jE39Gnx1I50SaY140=
I got unreadble sectors on the SSD disk of the brand new netbook I
just bought (after after an identical one had been stolen, yeah).
Of course this happened just after I spent some days configuring all
the bells and whistles, saying "I'll backup right after I've
finished".
The partition was cleanly unmounted, and on reboot I got a Grub error
17 (it was mounted /)
After booting with I USB dongle  dumped the partition on an external drive with

ddrescue -r5 /dev/sda1 /media/sda1dumpddrescue2 /media/sda1dumpddrescue2.log

the logfile of ddrescue reads:

# Rescue Logfile. Created by GNU ddrescue version 1.2
#      pos        size  status
0x00000000  0x00001000  -
0x00001000  0xEF3F4200  +

So it looks like only the very beginning of the partition is
unreadable; from the logfile it would be 1000B, but actually ddrescue
says

Initial status (read from logfile)
rescued:     4013 MB,  errsize:    4096 B,  errors:       8

Anyway, I tried to repair the dump with xfs_repair -f, the log is attached.
The fs is successfully repaired, but find lost+found -type c | wc -l
count 54000+ regular files lost.
Is this normal and consistent with the hypothesis that just the first
1K or 4K of the partition be lost? Can I do something to
reconnectomore inodes?
I still have the unrepaired dump to trick with.
Thanks in advance,
Luca Niccoli