Re: Intel X25-E running Linux using XFS

To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Intel X25-E running Linux using XFS
From: Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:58:03 +0100
Cc: smartmontools-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, smartmontools-database-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-ide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Alan Piszcz <ap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi!

> Due to the 100k write cycle lifetime, I will not be performing any more
> benchmarks on the SSD itself, such benchmarks are available on
> techreport.com but just wanted to send out the smart data for the
> smartmontools list and point out it is working with linux+ich7+xfs.
>
> Overall, whenever I do anything now its just like the entire machine is
> sitting in a ramdisk (similar when you boot knoppix and load to ramdisk).
>
> The techreport benchmarks are here:
> http://techreport.com/articles.x/15931

Actually I'd like to know... how does it behave during powerfails
while it is being written to?

Flashes I seen (USB / SD) developed bad sectors in that case, and
ext2/ext3 can't handle that. (And I don't think xfs can handle that
either).
                                                                        Pavel
(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html