Re: [patch 1/5] replace b_fspriv with b_mount

To: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch 1/5] replace b_fspriv with b_mount
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 14:04:52 -0600
Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Replace the b_fspriv pointer and it's ugly accessors with a properly > types
> xfs_mount pointer.  Also switch log reocvery over to it instead of using
> b_fspriv for the mount pointer.

Not that I object to cleaning this stuff up, (it's messy and hard to follow)

But currently the code maps well on freebsd since it has a
b_fsprivate1-3 buf field and
the macros handle the setting reading currently.

Granted I could simply un-apply this change for freebsd  but I would
prefer we
keep un-needed differences to a minimum.

I would prefer if we came up with a structure that could be attached to
an opaque  b_data field
that would be able to hold all current private info.

Currently it looks like b_strat is used for wrapper functions that
either check the mp for shutdown or
iclog->ic_state & XLOG_STATE_IOERROR.
Maybe we can collapse b_strat,  fspriv2/3 into one structure that would
have something like a
can_io function that would either allow or disallow io.

We could clean up more of the buf macros then.

-Russell