Re: XFS over SSD

To: Raz <raziebe@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS over SSD
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:53:28 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:42:34 +0200 vous écriviez:

> I am thinking of using XFS over a SSD disk.
> 1. Can I separate xfs meta data ( not just the logging) from the SSD ?
> can I put the meta on a different disk ?
> 2. When does a file's meta ( its block maps ) is being flushed to disk
> ? can I control it ?

I've made some testing on a bunch of MTRON SSDs. Actually, the best bet
is to use one SSD to store the XFS log for an array of SATA or SAS
drives, that's the highest performance gain ; it offers tremendous IO
performance.

Emmanuel Florac               www.intellique.com