Re: XFS breakage on m68k (was: Re: linux-next: Tree for December 3)

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS breakage on m68k (was: Re: linux-next: Tree for December 3)
From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 23:46:03 +1100
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx>, Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxx>, linux-next@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LKML <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Christoph,

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:13:30 -0500 Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 10:02:15AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Status of my local build tests will be at
> > > http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
> > > advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
> > > more builds.
> >
> > On m68k (32-bit only, no compat32), XFS fails to build in linux-next:
>
> Yeah, it's broken on all 32bit platforms.  Today's xfs tree has a fix
> for it.

I tried that tree but got this error from a powerpc ppc64_defconfig build
(which is 64 bit):

fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_file.c:365: error: 'xfs_file_compat_invis_ioctl'
undeclared here (not in a function)

Eric mentioned that your patch "had a problem of its own", so I assumed
that was it and left it removed from today's linux-next.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx