Re: [patch 08/22] reduce l_icloglock roundtrips

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch 08/22] reduce l_icloglock roundtrips
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 13:56:14 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 11:04:38AM -0500, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> All but one caller of xlog_state_want_sync drop and re-acquire
> l_icloglock around the call to it, just so that xlog_state_want_sync can
> acquire and drop it.

Not really a performance problem, though, because the one caller
that doesn't already hold the lock is the common path (i.e.
xlog_write()); the others are in the  unmount path, so lock traffic
is not there is not performance critical....

Hence I'm not sure this is really necessary.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner