Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com

To: lachlan@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:50:42 -0600
Cc: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
Russell Cattelan wrote:
Eric Sandeen wrote:
Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
Hi all,

We've got a new xfs git tree on oss.sgi.com at:

git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs

This tree is an automatic mirror of our internal tree so will always
be up to date.

It supercedes the old xfs-2.6 tree which has a few problems with it's
merge history.

There's a few branches there already:

'master' This will contain all the latest xfs changes not yet pushed
               to mainline.
'mainline'    This is vanilla mainline and will updated regularly.
'for-linus'   Our staging branch for pull requests
'xfs-dev' This branch will contain KDB and other supporting code for development and should be identical to the old CVS tree.

Feel free to start using it and let us know if you have any issues.

First off, cool.  Glad to see this progressing.

TAKE messages currently have Russell-magic added to the body to link to
a cvs commit for that change.  (however, it always takes up to 24h to
sync...)
I would still like the ptool tree to come from au to cut down on the delay.
We haven't changed any of the ptools->cvs syncing so whatever delays existed
before are still around but also wont be any worse.
I would  like to avoid the nirvana sync and just move the ptools tree from
longdrop to oss.

Updates would happen faster that way

Will cvs still be around & updated?  If not, those messages should be
removed (or changed to point to git commits if possible (probably not
possible).

-Eric