Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com
From: Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:32:08 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Russell Cattelan'" <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Eric Sandeen wrote:
Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
Hi all,

We've got a new xfs git tree on oss.sgi.com at:

git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs

This tree is an automatic mirror of our internal tree so will always
be up to date.

It supercedes the old xfs-2.6 tree which has a few problems with it's
merge history.

There's a few branches there already:

'master'      This will contain all the latest xfs changes not yet pushed
               to mainline.
'mainline'    This is vanilla mainline and will updated regularly.
'for-linus'   Our staging branch for pull requests
'xfs-dev'     This branch will contain KDB and other supporting code for
               development and should be identical to the old CVS tree.

Feel free to start using it and let us know if you have any issues.

First off, cool.  Glad to see this progressing.

TAKE messages currently have Russell-magic added to the body to link to
a cvs commit for that change.  (however, it always takes up to 24h to
sync...)

Will cvs still be around & updated?  If not, those messages should be
removed (or changed to point to git commits if possible (probably not
possible).

The ptools tree will still be updated (as changes go into the xfs-dev
branch) so the cvs tree will still be updated too.  We'll eventually
retire the cvs tree since everything that's in it is also available
from git now.