Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com

To: lachlan@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:40:55 -0600
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Russell Cattelan'" <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've got a new xfs git tree on oss.sgi.com at:
>
> git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs
>
> This tree is an automatic mirror of our internal tree so will always
> be up to date.
>
> It supercedes the old xfs-2.6 tree which has a few problems with it's
> merge history.
>
> There's a few branches there already:
>
> 'master'      This will contain all the latest xfs changes not yet pushed
>                to mainline.
> 'mainline'    This is vanilla mainline and will updated regularly.
> 'for-linus'   Our staging branch for pull requests
> 'xfs-dev'     This branch will contain KDB and other supporting code for
>                development and should be identical to the old CVS tree.
>
> Feel free to start using it and let us know if you have any issues.

First off, cool.  Glad to see this progressing.

TAKE messages currently have Russell-magic added to the body to link to
a cvs commit for that change.  (however, it always takes up to 24h to
sync...)

Will cvs still be around & updated?  If not, those messages should be
removed (or changed to point to git commits if possible (probably not
possible).

-Eric