Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com

To: Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:27:10 -0500
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:11:33PM +1100, Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
> Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > Looking over the -dev tree, can you please revert
> >

> > http://oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=xfs/xfs.git;a=commitdiff;h=c79ae33eebac1c15aa435fb77362fdc5eff2be4d
> >
> > All this wasn't needed in the old ptrace tree either, no need to carry it
> > forward.
> Is this code needed for the BSD port?

According to Russell it may be need, but he'll probably need a newer
version than the one check-ed in once he resyncs.  And he'll have his
own support dir with the rest of the BSD code.

> There may be other code that can be removed too.  We moved a lot of the code
> that existed only in ptools into the xfs-dev branch so that branch and ptools
> are in sync.  This allows us to automatically merge changes back to the old
> ptools tree (yes it still lives).  Any merge failures will now be handled
> between git branches and not between different scms.

The xfs-dev also fortunately doesn't have the modular quota code.  So
for both these I'd suggest removing them from the ptools tree, too.

doesn't seem to be needed.  None of those symbols seems to be used by
either dmapi or xfsidbg, the only two modules using xfs symbols in the