Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New XFS git tree on oss.sgi.com
From: Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:03:59 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Russell Cattelan wrote:
Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 06:22:21PM +1100, Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
There's a few branches there already:

'master' This will contain all the latest xfs changes not yet pushed
               to mainline.
'mainline'    This is vanilla mainline and will updated regularly.
'for-linus'   Our staging branch for pull requests
'xfs-dev'     This branch will contain KDB and other supporting code for
               development and should be identical to the old CVS tree.

Feel free to start using it and let us know if you have any issues.

Any chance to have these as separate git trees instead of branches?

In either case, do you expect patches against the xfs-dev or the master
tree?  It would also be useful if the trees and which one to be used
could be documented on oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs or xfs.org.

Specifically this page please.
http://xfs.org/index.php/Getting_the_latest_source_code
Sure.  I didn't even know that page existed.

Maybe add a quick tutorial on git branches and how to create tracking branches for this tree.
Can we just point people at an existing git tutorial?  Or are you wanting
something specific to our processes?

Also can we have something other than "unnamed repository" in the description file?
Okay, how do we change that?