Re: Announce: XFS staging tree

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Announce: XFS staging tree
From: Mark Goodwin <markgw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:07:34 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
I've created a new tree of all patches that have been reviewed, and
properly QAed but haven't been merged into the SGI tree for reasons
unknown to us patch submitters.

Lachlan has about 30 patches almost ready to push back out (mostly yours
Christoph). Sorry for the delays and the frustration this is causing. Just
waiting for some back-end constipation with ptools to resolve, which will
happen early next week.

I'll add all patches that have gotten review on linux-xfs to it after
they pass xfsqa for me.   Patches will be dropped as soon as they get
into the xfs git tree.

On-going, this might be a better way to manage the patch queue, at least
possibly better in terms of front-line QA. Maybe an almost-open-access
git repository for incomming patches could work too. What do others think?

Cheers
-- Mark