Re: [patch 01/11] Move compat ioctl structs & numbers into xfs_ioctl32.h

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch 01/11] Move compat ioctl structs & numbers into xfs_ioctl32.h
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:54:51 -0600
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Sandeen wrote:

>> I must also say that I don't really like these _copying helpers at all,
>> just adding an explicit call to the underlying ioctl from them seems
>> much clener than dispatching control back to the main routine with a
>> changed argument and ioc number.
>
> Ok, either way is fine by me, was just following what was there already.

So I went off to do it this way, and while I certainly can, (I'm almost
done rewriting it this way) after a bit more thought I really don't see
much wrong with just translating in the 32-bit args for any ioctl which
is _IOW only... it doesn't seem that bad... any particular reason you're
against it?

-Eric