[patch 00/11] RFC: compat ioctl fixes/cleanups/additions

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [patch 00/11] RFC: compat ioctl fixes/cleanups/additions
From: sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:44:01 -0600
Cc: hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This should properly hook up all ioctls which need compat
handlers on intel or ppc; it passes the auto qa group on intel,
and does ok on ppc (there are still issues with xfsdump itself
if the ppc page size is large (64k in my case))

This might be a little overboard; I'm half tempted to remove the
handlers that only intel boxes need; would anyone be running 32-bit
apps calling xfs ioctls on x86_64 or ia64?  Seems unlikely; and
removing them would cut down the size of this patchset:

 linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl.c   |    6
 linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl32.c |  651 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl32.h |  209 +++++++++++++++
 xfs_fs.h                |    6
 xfs_itable.c            |   45 ++-
 xfs_itable.h            |   14 +

If the sgi guys can toss this into qa, I'd be much obliged.  I
hope to have some xfsdump fixes at some point so we can actually
see most things pass (if your ppc box has < 64k pages, it might
work fine for you already...)

Thanks,
-Eric