Re: last xfs_repair time?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: last xfs_repair time?
From: Lars Damerow <lars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:20:45 -0800
Cc: Timothy Shimmin <tes@xxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>From Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 07:11:21PM -0600:
> Timothy Shimmin wrote:
> > Lars Damerow wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> Is it possible to query XFS for the last time xfs_repair fixed a
> >> filesystem? I've been searching the man pages and haven't found anything
> >> useful.
> >>
> > Not that I know of.
> > Barry is the repair maintainer/expert though.
> >
> > --Tim
> >

> AFAIK it doesn't, but that'd be a neat feature - adding space for that,
> and maybe date of mkfs (or mkfs version) etc might be nice too.

Thanks for the responses! It's handy to have that information
available, especially when you're maintaining hundreds of workstations
whose power cables occasionally get yanked out by their users. :/

Here's what we can get from ext3:

    % sudo dumpe2fs -h /dev/sda1 | grep 2008
    dumpe2fs 1.40.8 (13-Mar-2008)
    Inodes per group:         2008
    Filesystem created:       Thu May 29 11:11:12 2008
    Last mount time:          Tue Sep 30 18:01:18 2008
    Last write time:          Tue Sep 30 18:01:18 2008
    Last checked:             Thu May 29 11:11:12 2008

cheers,
-lars

--
lars r. damerow :: button pusher :: pixar animation studios
<lars@xxxxxxxxx>